Monday, October 12, 2009

21st Century Skills

I think these are all valuable skills needed in today's technology based world. Just being able to use a computer or the Internet is not enough anymore. Almost all major communication in our society today is via technology. I believe at this moment I posses a few of these skills. I feel I am okay with play and being able to experiment to problem solve. As a college student and female I feel I am currently mastering the skill of multitasking. There is so much going on in one day. With distributed cognition, in my classes and online, I think I engage in new technology and information that expands my knowledge. Collective intelligence is what our podcast are about. In my group we are pooling our knowledge and information to create a thought out podcast.This class is teaching me Networking, and I feel I am still in learning mode here. Visualization is something that schools try to teach students early on with graphs and patterns, so I feel I am adequately prepared in this. The other skills on the other hand, I believe I must improve on. Performance seems fun, to alter your identity to fit the situation. I do not feel that I have had to deal with this one yet, but it seems like it will be soon to come. Simulation, Appropriation, TransMedia Navigation, and Negotiation I feel are things I have yet to work with or around yet. The only way to acquire these skills is to jump right in and do them. To start practicing them, or actively searching to learn them from others, because they are skills needed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment