Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dr. Miller

I like the idea Dr. Miller's videos are actually showing to the viewer. I like the fact he isn't just talking about it, but that his "presentation" actually shows us what he is talking about. I did think he made it a little bit boring. I don't really know what it was. It might have been the fact he was speaking in a lecture, "this is what I have to say..." kind of way. It was hard for me to follow and become interested.
I do believe that his idea is something that needs to be addressed in school. Although the schools are filled with books and print, the new life of reaching students is technology. Through visual and audio students listen and are able to see what is being taught. Not only that but with technology today, students, teachers, anyone is able to co-author anything on the Internet. To me, at some point this becomes scary. What then is real information, and what is crafted by the crazy person across the street. As for educational purposes I believe this technology will help create in our society the ability to communicate and work and learn via the Internet without classrooms and books; which can be good and bad.
I liked the end where he discussed sciences and humanities joining in a green building to collaborate. As a student here on campus, you see the main focus is on the automobile. I can not tell you how many students I've seen complain that our new dining hall is going to be a green building, which means there will be no additional parking for it. I think it's a marvelous idea and it will benefit the campus and students. Things like this should be considered when creating plans for construction and such at universities.

No comments:

Post a Comment