Sunday, October 4, 2009

ITunes U

I have visited ITunes U before and I love it. This idea puts distance learning in a whole new idea. Being able to download and listen to and even watch a lecture or educational video without having to pay for it makes being a teacher in our world a little easier. As a teacher and with what we have already talked about, has to be a continual learner. With waking up at the crack of dawn, running a classroom all day, grading papers, and trying to live life with a family; a teacher is pulled for time to learn new things. Yes there are workshops we can attend and websites we can read, but who has time or money to be informed like we need to be!?! With ITunes U, I can download lectures and new information from leading academic universities and take it with me in the car or during lunch, anytime I can really. That is so amazing and comforting to me!

As a college student, I see many of the same benefits. I have the opportunity to learn as much as I can about history, while in college. Adding ITunes U to my classes I am getting credits for and am taking here at South just doubles my learning and information to my students. For my students, ITunes is free and the ITunes U downloads are free as well; which means it would be open for them to get further information on things I can not get into my class time.

No comments:

Post a Comment