Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Other students blogs....

So today i listened to three different students podcast, which all were very interesting and helpful.

The first group I listened to was on Itunes in education, something I am very interested in. In this group was Angel Clark, Rosa Howard, and Owen Gates. One of the big topics I continue to see popping up in these discussion on using Itunes is that it's free. It is also accessible to Mac and PC computers. The amount of information you can share on an Itunes account is endless; podcast, videos, lectures, music, and play list. One of the problems the students mentioned was that Itunes was limited to computers and Ipods, both of which are quite expensive for some students.
I thought their explanation of this topic was interesting and informative. I really enjoyed it and think they did a good job.

The next group discussed Burpback Education. In the group was Ashley Ryals, Ashley Hill, and Jessica Miller. Going into this discussion I didn't know exactly what burpback education was. They explained the topic in detail and I immediately began to think of teachers I had that have or do this. Their solutions to this problem were amazing for upcoming teachers. Going into education I constantly try to think of ways to not become a burpback teacher. To me that is not a teacher. Anyone could do that. I also enjoyed this discussion and took so much away from it. You can tell where they edited and cut their words, but overall their information was clear and understandable.

The last group Facebook as an educational tool. Something I didn't think would be possible. This group had Jaclyn Hendrix, Kayland Lamar, Brittany Carson and Julia Roe. I am an avid user of Facebook and have yet to see the educational side of it, but as they explained I began to see aspects that could be used for teachers. There are several applications that teachers could use, and Facebook has the option to create a group that can post pictures, notes, and share information between group leaders (something my history professor has done). My thought on Facebook as an education tool is not so positive though. From personal experience and seeing other students, Facebook is easily distracting, and can consume hours of your time. They did explain the things they found well, and their information was well organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment