Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Google is taking over!!

In some respects I agree with this article on the fact that, I feel sometimes by being online and "Googling" and "Tweeting" that I am losing interest in books and normal articles. I also agree that Twitter and Facebook are our generations drug of choice. You can see the addiction, just take away a teenagers phone or Facebook/Twitter page and they freak. I have had numerous friends try to "quit" Facebook only to have an update a week later... "... is back on Facebook, man I missed this thing." It's crazy! I also have to agree with the feeling of gaining knowledge online. When I am researching or just browsing around, and I find something interesting and informative, I am able to read it then and there; without having to go to the library or borrow it from a friend. It's incredible and can be used for so much good, so much knowledge gain, but also can be addictive and cause so much brain "mush" as I like to call it. (Mush is what your brain gets on when you start browsing Facebook bumper stickers or people's updates.)

No comments:

Post a Comment