Monday, September 7, 2009

Other students blogs....

The first student I commented on was Angel Dixon (T/R4). I read her blog on Ken Robinson, which I also listened to. She blogged about how she felt that she agrees with Ken when he said he believed schools were killing creativity. She said she thought that classrooms shouldn't have guidelines for the teachers, so they can teach freely. I disagree with this idea. Without some guidelines some students would be watching movies all day. I think teachers should have some guidelines, but still have the opportunity to teach material in ways they see fit, that some older teachers or faculty may not understand.

The next student I read was Carl Herring(T/R11). I read his blog on "Vikki Davis: Harnessing Your Students Digital Smarts." She suggested that by using the Internet to get students interested in their subject matter. Also by getting them on something they are already interested in and love to be on, it gets them involved in their subject matter; much like a field trip would, but without all the money for admission and transportation.

The last student I read was Haley Mills(T/R4). I read her blog on the use of Itunes in education; something I am really interested in. I feel that the use of Itunes would be such a investment for our students. She also brought up the point that by using Itunes, the teacher could put her lecture on a podcast, which would make them accessible to the parents and for the students for homework purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment