Saturday, August 29, 2009

Smart Board Lesson Podcast

On this podcast, I really didn't enjoy it. I had to fast forward through the "radio talk show" beginning. I really don't care about where they went this week and what they are doing with their lives. I feel like if I subscribe to an Education Podcast I want my information about the topic or ideas without 10 minutes of life stories, but once I fast forwarded to some education ideas, there were some good ideas. I liked the idea on the math videos from Harvard. After a student has grasped the math concept, to reinforce it with clips from some commonly known movies is genius. Students want to be engaged with ideas and things they can relate to. Also introducing students to IPOD touches as a learning tool is awesome. I have one and I love it! I use my ITouch for not only music and videos, but the applications are amazing! There are fun ones and educational ones. That's how I learned to play chess! And if you can buy one application for the single rate and sync it to all the students ITouches, it would be very cheap. The only expense would be damage. Students are destructive, that's why cell phones are so tough these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment