Saturday, August 29, 2009

Connect Learning Episode 96

I loved this Podcast. I cannot wait to attend teacher workshops. I was truly interested in what David Warwick had to talk about with real teachers. This kind of Podcast makes people want to listen instead of fast-forward until the good stuff. I thought their discussion on how students today are already familiar with all these forms of technology. It is not technology to them, it's just a means of communication and a way to gain new information. I agree with the second teacher who spoke who talked about her third, fourth, and fifth graders who would be exited to express themselves on a blog or website compared to on pen and paper. I thought that also, this would help with the attendance, or at least give students who are absent, with an excused absence could make up their work easier. Children love to be involved and for their work to be displayed. Knowing that their work is going to be on the Internet for everyone to view would make them work slightly harder on some projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment